Come Join the Industry Leader!
This is your chance to join a winning team. Motor Coach Industries (MCI), an industry leader in Charter and Luxury Touring Coaches, is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. As the market leader, MCI designs, manufactures and markets coaches for tour, line haul, transit and conversion uses. MCI if committed to providing our customers with high-quality products along with aftermarket services throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Reporting to the Quality Line Lead, the Quality Engineer will play a key role in…developing control plans, conducting Product Failure Modes and Effects Analysis for multiple areas of assembly, and working with Winnipeg on issues brought up from the assembly line. This position will assist in tracking quality assurance metrics (write ups per coach for both Pembina and Winnipeg). To assist the Quality Technicians in interpreting standards and to help create/or modify standards to meet our changing environment is a key point of this position.
- Lead and manage problem solving related to design, manufacturing, supplied parts, inspection processes and equipment
- Plans/conducts inspection, testing, analysis & design activities to ensure product quality
- Manage processes and design change at suppliers and MCI to assure no negative impact to coach quality and reliability
- Support manufacturing through problem solving training and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Conduct customer and field concern investigation and countermeasure to minimize impact to customer and cost
- Share and adopt best practices for in-house and supplier process
- Deploy coach quality system improvement activities for customer satisfaction issues
- Recommends continuous improvement activities, product & process parameters & procedural systems.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Engineering Degree
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge on the use of inspection instruments, gages and devices for successful analysis of parts and assemblies
- Strong analytical skills, high motivation and strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to clearly explain concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Experience with other quality software applications beneficial. (e.g. statistical analysis)
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
- Experience in Large vehicle/automotive production
- Previous Audit experience
*** Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com***